Azam Samadian (B.Sc)
Forough Azam Sayyahpour (B.Sc)
The pivotal differences among different cell types, such as neurons, hepatocytes, osteocytes and blood cells are not due to the differences in DNA sequence of the genome but to the differential expression of tissue-specific genes during development.
The Molecular Biology Core facility was established to help the researchers of RI-SCBT obtain molecular data for their cellular experiments.
Real-time PCR or quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction is available in our laboratory. This technique enables investigators to evaluate low-abundance mRNAs, often obtained from their scarce cell cultures and tissue samples.
- Activities and Services:
- Primer designing and banking
- RNA extraction from cultured cells or tissues samples
- Checking RNA purity and integrity
- cDNA synthesis (reverse transcription)
- PCR (polymerase chain reaction)
- Gel electrophoresis
- RT-PCR analysis
- Real-time PCR (ABI 7500 Applied Biosystem and Rotor Gene 6000 Corbett systems are available)
- Real-time PCR data analysis